Commerce Commission - key diary notes for media
7 April 2003
Key diary notes relating to Commerce Commission activities this week include:
Thursday 10 April, 12 noon
Release of the Commission's draft determination relating to the Air New Zealand / Qantas Airways authorisations
Commerce Act 1986
Thursday 10 April
Release of an Issues Paper relating the unbundling of Telecom New Zealand Limited's local loop network and its fixed Public Data Network
Telecommunications Act 2001
Other key dates to note over the next few months include:
• Wednesday 23 April: release of the Commission's proposed model relating to the Telecommunications Service Obligations (TSO) calculation.
• Thursday 22 May: release of the Commission's draft determination relating to the terms for the wholesaling of residential services offered by Telecom.
• Friday 30 May: release of the Commission's draft determination relating to TSO.
• Monday 28 April: conference on the Commission's draft determination relating to Independent Dairy Producer's dispute with Fonterra's wholly own subsidiary, New Zealand Milk Products, regarding the price paid for raw milk.
Commerce Act adjudication
• Early May: release of the Commission's draft determination on the application for authorisation regarding the Pohokura Gas field.
• 20-23 May: public conference on Air New Zealand / Qantas draft determination.
• End June: release of Commission's final determination relating to the Air New Zealand / Qantas authorisations.
Part 4A Commerce Act - Electricity Lines Businesses
• Release of the Commission's decision paper and draft Gazette notice relating to the regulatory regime for electricity lines businesses (release date to be confirmed).
• Release of the Commission's work on resetting the price path threshold, with opportunity for interested parties to make their views known (release date to be confirmed).
PLEASE NOTE: These dates may be subject to change.
Media contact: Jackie Maitland, Communications Manager
Phone work (04) 924 3708, mobile 029 924 3708