Revised draft information disclosure determination for airport services released
11 October 2010
The Commerce Commission has released a revised draft information disclosure determination for specified airports services, for technical consultation. This is expected to be the final consultation step before the information disclosure requirements for specified airport services are finalised.
Changes since the draft information disclosure determination relate to the disclosure of:
- historical financial information;
- quality measures;
- forecast total revenue and supporting information;
- pricing and pricing-related information; and
- certification and audit information.
The draft information disclosure determination should be read in conjunction with the revised draft airports input methodologies determination released for technical consultation on 1 October 2010.
Submissions are due by 5pm on Friday 5 November 2010. Once the Commission has considered all submissions, it intends to finalise the information disclosure determination for specified airport services by 31 December 2010.
The draft determination can be accessed on the Commission's website at www.comcom.govt.nz/airports-information-disclosure
The revised draft airports input methodologies determination can be viewed at www.comcom.govt.nz/input-methodologies
Specified airport services supplied by Auckland International Airport, Wellington International Airport, Christchurch International Airport are subject to information disclosure regulation under Part 4 of the Commerce Act. The airports regulatory regime will apply to specified airport services supplied by the companies operating Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington International Airports.
Draft decisions for airports information disclosure requirements and the input methodologies that underpin them were released for consultation on 31 May 2010. Since then, the Commission has:
- considered all submissions and cross submissions received on its input methodologies draft decisions for specified airport services;
- considered all submissions and cross submissions received on its airports information disclosure draft Reasons Paper and draft Determination, and
- considered all feedback received at the airports information disclosure technical working session, held at Wellington International Airport on 13 September 2010; and
- revised its draft input methodologies determination for specified airport services on 1 October 2010. Input methodologies papers can be viewed at www.comcom.govt.nz/input-methodologies